Saturday, July 4, 2009

Venice!

Saturday we went on a trip to Venice for the day. It was really cool but extremely crowded with tourists and shoppers. As a result we three took off for our own tour of the city which turned out to be the best experience ever.
We started out at Saint Marco's Square and walked to the Grande Canal to have lunch on the River. It was really beautiful and relaxing.
After lunch we went on a search for a Gondola to ride. Halfway across the city and a few pictures later we arrived at a little waterway off the canal and met Angelo De Rothenfeld and he took us on a beautiful ride as you can see in the pictures.
Dear old Angelo wanted to marry one of us and spend half time in the states and then the rest in Venice, BUT we politely told him there was no hope.
I had a lot of fun there so enjoy my pictures.

~The Docks~~Mandy, Kosomo and I in the Ferry~
~Venice from the Ferry~
~Actors~
~Bridge of Sighs~
~Grand Canal~
~Lunch on the Grande Canal~
~Just a cool Pic~
~Manican Outside a Mask Shop~
~Mandy and Kosomo~

~Gondolier~

~Kosomo and I~

~Gondola Ride~
~Vivaldi's House~
~A Guy Playing Accordion in a Square~

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I looked at the pics of the gondolier and he is just giving you a line!

He's just flirting for a tip.

I'm proud of you girl.

Keep calling no matter if you think you are going to wake me up!

alli:) said...

Sigh! one day i AM going to Italy! Maria you are soooo lucky :)

Unknown said...

Looks like an incredible experience Maria! Keep the photos coming, I'm loving them. :)

Aaron Terrazas said...

I loved all your photos, I want to go now, it looks awesome out there. God Bless.