Sunday, March 15, 2009

Italy, Recital and Kissin...



Wow great things are happening for me this year and I'm excited to tell you about them.

First: I'm Going to ITALY!!! This summer I'll be gone for three weeks to the beautiful Italian alps for the International Music Festival in Schlern. I sent out my application a few weeks ago and found out I was not only accepted but they granted me a scholarship to attend. This is going to be an amazing life experience and I can't wait.

Second:
I'll be giving my first ever piano recital!!! In April I have my Junior recital scheduled {I'll let you know the date soon... It's still a secret}
Please make plans to attend as I want everyone to be there!

Third:
I saw Evgeny Kissin live in concert this past week!!!! I bought a ticket for literally the back row since it was the cheapest and during the intermission I jetted down and sat on the front row!!! I was like five feet from this master Pianists. He's only 37 years old and started playing at the age of two. You can read his Bio here http://www.kissinmusic.com/ This was one of the most amazing concerts I've been to in a while. He's a prodigy! I was so honored to be able to hear him play!

Well that's it for now I'll give more updates soon!

9 comments:

Carly said...

Wow Maria! That is so awesome and exciting! Ill keep my ears open for the date of the recital! Keep working hard towards your goals....love ya =)

Janell said...

Maria, this is extremely exciting!! Lucky you, to go to the Schlern Festival! That will be such a blast! (I graduated the semester before they started offering that! Agh!) I'm so proud of you, I know how hard it is to accomplish these goals. I really wish I could be there to support you at your recital, I'm sure you'll play beautifully!
(I had to laugh, when I first read your blog title I'm like, "Wow, Maria's kissin' somebody?!" Just kidding!!! Sounds like it was a great concert, I love his playing too.)

Anonymous said...

Very exciting, I am so jealous. Have a blast, post picture on your blog.

James Wilder said...

Congrats! Jealously is rising in Sacramento! Our day will come... just not on this level!

BTW... comforted to read the explanation behind "Kissin"

Rev. and Mrs. Zotzman's Blog said...

I am so EXCITED and happy for you!!! You have to take tons of pictures on your trip to Italy and post them up on your blog! You totally can count me in on coming to your recital!! I can not wait to hear you play, you are such an amazing musician!!

Ruth said...

Have you considered moving the location of your engagement pic's, to Italy maybe? (just a thought)
Nona

Anonymous said...

Maria,
Congratulations, how exciting! You deserve it, love you girl!
Marlys

Chandra said...

woooo-hooo! Go, you! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Kissin?? Whoohooo