Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Determination's


Resolution = The act of determining
Determination = Firm or fixed intention to achieve a desired end
End = The ultimate state; an outcome worked toward.

So many times in my 24 years I've heard the phrase "I've made my New Years Resolution" or something to this effect. So, being the curious person I am I thought it would be quaint to look this word up in the dictionary. Sure enough my suspicions were right, determination has a lot to do with resolution.
This year I think I'll coin a new phrase - 'My New Year's Determination's'... catchy eh?
2008 has been one of the most integral stepping off points in my life, I've had to make decisions I never thought I'd have to face and also I've grown in so many areas of my life that I never new needed growth. Thankfully with the help of a few trusted folks and Jesus Christ, I got my self on a right track for the rest of my life.
My eyes have been opened to so many things such as family and friends, priorities and responsibilities and most of all, God. Trust me things haven't been easy but then again who said that life was a piece of cake?? I might like cake but to much is harmful and to little is pure torture. :-)
This year I'm determining this one thing to myself and that is to put God and Family first. I read something to the effect that emotional cravings lead to unwise decisions, so my biggest weapon against this symptom is to surround myself with the best of the best, God, my Family and Friends.

So here's to a New Year's Determination! Are you on board?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you posted! Cylas is sooo cute and Roma is even cuter.

Danelle Layne said...

Hey You! wow I didn't know you had a blog! How are you doing? It has been forever since I've seen you!!! I like your blog.. luv ya