Monday, October 6, 2008

My Newest Venture

Hey everyone! I wanted to share with you what I'm doing in my world at school. Many of you don't know much about my major or what I'm doing so here's some info.
I'm completing my BM in Music at Sacramento State and then after that I'll move on to my Masters...where ever that may be.
I wanted to show you one of the composers I'm playing. His name is Sunny Knable, a CSUS alumni, is an incredible Jazz/Classical composer as well as being a drummer, singer/songwriter. He lives in NY and just recently wrote a piece for my Instructor Richard Cionco called 'American Variations'. The first time I heard it I fell in love with it and had to learn it.
Sooo... here is a link to his webpage where you can hear my teacher at the Steinway series in Florida playing one of the variations I will be learning.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=292558182

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Janell said...

Awwww, Maria, the link doesn't work for some reason? Maybe it's just my comp.
That's so cool you're learning one of those variations! Sunny and I stay in contact since we were great friends, and he told me all about Cionco playing them for FENAM. How cool is that?!
Chase, Tim, and Surina are suposed to fly to NY at the end of this month and play some more of his music in Brooklyn. Sounds like our friend is doing well with his composing!!
I miss everyone at school! Please tell Cionco I said hello! =)
Love you tons, and good luck and good work on everything. Please let me know when your recital is and hopefully I can be in town at that time to come hear you!

Faith Maria Lopez said...

Hey Janell,

Try copy and past. I didn't create it as a link...I don't know how :-)

Anonymous said...

Thats Awesome!!! Good for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

My Dear Maria!
Debbie Moore (David Moores Mom?). Hope you remember. Heather and I speak of you often. Look for pics at Rock, etc. I am so very proud of you. You have always been a very special person to me and the Lord! Can you really play that composition!? Can't wait to show David. I want to start a Blog. I hope I may add you. I know you are busy but I would love to hear from you!Lord Bless you! scoozykids.com

Lorraine Bertram said...

Maria,

You are a VERY talented girl....You WILL get that Masters Degree, because you are SMART and INDUSTRIOUS!!!
I have been watching you for many years from afar, and must say am very proud of you!!

God Bless!!

Josiah Aston said...

I got the privilege of hearing Richard play all of the variations in rep class, and I have to say that they were incredible! I look forward to hearing them at FENAM and hearing you play them eventually. I'm sure you'll do great, both on the piece and in life!

Unknown said...

Wow Miss Maria! Sounds like you've been busy. :) Did you ever get a chance to show your professor your (hckm...);) specially attained photos of the gregorian chant manuscript from the PI?

Take Care and hope things are going great for you.

AE