Sunday, July 19, 2009

An Amazing Performance

Last night, there was a a performance here at the town church. It was probably one of the best of the festival.
Ilan Schneider and Anna Balakerskaya performed the Carmen Fantasie by Franz Waxman and it was amazing. I happened to record it and I'm so excited to have it to look at again.
Ilan is probably the most amazing violist I've had the honor to hear.
A few days ago we were able to sit and chat over cappucino's in the town square and have a great time getting to know each other.
I think that going to these types of festivals offers more than just performance experience, it also allows the students to get to know some of the world's most renowned musicians.
After the Carmen, a 24 year old tenor got up and sang like Pavorati. It was simply amazing!
~Sergey Romanovsky~~Romanovsky Singing in the Church~

~Ilan and Anna~
~Ilan and I~

No comments: